New Women in the Law Chair Inspires with Top Ten Ways to Build Women in the Law
During the plenary session on Friday morning at the Leadership Conference, WIL Committee Chair Karen Clemes shared the Top Ten Ways to Build Women in the Law.
1. Invite a woman to chair WIL for your chapter and set WIL goals for your chapter.
2. Identify and invite women attorneys to join your chapter.
3. Integrate women into the Chapter Board.
4. Plan a CLE event focused on Women in Law.
5. Look for ways to utilize women in pro bono projects.
6. Consider event options that meet the needs of WIL members.
7. Invite women speakers to general events.
8. Cover topics of interest to women.
9. Sponsor and/or promote a WIL regional conference.
10. Support the goals of the International WIL Committee.
The full presentation can be found at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzguufRkSny4WlNIbEZ5N1dUajQ/view.
By Karen Clemes, as reported by Megan Needham
Posted: November 7, 2014