Practice Area Leadership
Cathleen H. Heintz
Harris, Karstaedt, Jamison & Powers, P.C.
10333 E. Dry Creek Rd.
Englewood, CO 80112
Welcome to the Litigation Practice Area of the JRCLS! Instructions on joining the Practice Area are at the bottom of this page.
The Litigation Practice Area is dedicated to furthering the JRCLS mission of finding strength in the law through individual lawyers’ personal religious convictions. As a resource for its members, the Practice Area seeks to: (1) inspire, (2) connect, and (3) mentor lawyers whose practice involves resolving disputes in an adversary forum, while (4) expanding the Practice Area's membership and influence throughout the JRCLS.
To achieve its objectives, the Practice Area pursues four initiatives, tied to each of its four areas of focus:
1. INSPIRE: “The Christ-like Litigator”—a monthly publication to Practice Area members, focused on a brief message that inspires Practice Area members to incorporate a particular attribute of Christ into their daily work as litigators.
2. CONNECT: Section Member Highlights—a monthly highlight of three individual Practice Area members, distributed to the entire Practice Area and designed to promote referrals and resource-sharing throughout the Practice Area.
3. EXPAND: 5-for-5 Section Member Outreach—a monthly challenge issued to five designated Practice Area members to find and invite five litigators in their sphere of influence (e.g., firm, ward, stake, community) to join our Practice Area ranks within the month.
4. MENTOR: Young Litigator’s Shepherd Program—a mentor program offered within the Practice Area, by which students and members with less than five years’ experience are paired with more senior litigators as a mentoring resource.
Section Leadership and Organization:
· Practice Area Leadership:
o Chair (2 year term)
o Chair-Elect and Vice-Chair over 5-for-5 Member Outreach Initiative (1 year term, following 1 year as Vice-Chair over either Member Highlight or Young Litigator’s Shepherd Program initiative.)
o Vice-Chair over Member Highlight Initiative (1 year term)
o Vice-Chair over Young Litigator’s Shepherd Program Initiative (1 year term)
o Executive Secretary/Student Liaison (1 year term)
o Immediate Past Chair (1 year term)
· Practice Area Organization
o A vacancy in the Practice Area Chair position is filled by the Chair-Elect.
o Vacancies in Practice Area leadership positions, other than the Practice Area Chair, are filled by the Practice Area Chair. Nominations to serve in Practice Area leadership positions may be advanced to the Practice Area Chair by any Practice Area member (including self-nominations) or by Officers of the JRCLS.
o Members of Practice Area Leadership participate in quarterly conference calls, scheduled and initiated by the Practice Area Chair.
o One or more members of Practice Area leadership attend the annual JRCLS Annual Conference.
o One or more members of Practice Area leadership attend the JRCLS Leadership Conference.
Join the Litigation Practice Area today! Here's how:
1. Not yet a JRCLS Member? Join here and select the Litigation Practice Area in your Application.
2. Already a JRCLS Member? Join the Litigation Practice Area by Adding this Practice Area to your Profile. (must be logged in first).